One woman dead after fire in Dundonald and Church streets area

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:03:42 GMT

One woman dead after fire in Dundonald and Church streets area One woman is dead after a fire in the Dundonald Street and Church Street area on Tuesday morning.I am responding to the fire scene on Dundonald Street @Toronto_Fire— Matthew Pegg (@ChiefPeggTFS) March 14, 2023Emergency services responded to a call just after 4:00 a.m. about a fire, and Toronto paramedics say one woman was pronounced dead on scene.The fire was contained to one unit and most occupants have returned to their units in the building.Church Street was initially closed from Dundonald Street to Wellesley Street East, but lanes closed have reopened.

3/14/2023: Major winter storm underway

3/14/2023: Major winter storm underway The latest Storm Tracker Forecast from meteorologists Jill Szwed and Matt Mackie:The much-anticipated winter storm has arrived. After rain for much of the day Monday, temperatures have fallen off and we have seen a region-wide switch to snow. It is heavy, wet, and coming down quickly. Travel will range from difficult to impossible as the day does on. Winter Storm Warnings are up for the entire News10 viewing area through Wednesday morning.Remember to avoid unnecessary travel. If you must venture out, go slow and leave plenty of distance between yourself and other vehicles. With snow weighing down the branches, and blustery conditions (especially in the higher terrain), power outages are an additional concern across parts of our area.Heavy snow falls all day, with some spots seeing more than an inch per hour. With winds blowing uphill into the Catskills, even greater snowfall rates are possible at times for those in the mountains.The plows and road crews do incredible work, but when ...

Vermonter accused of DUI, punching police officer

Vermonter accused of DUI, punching police officer STAMFORD, Vt. (NEWS10) -- A Burlington, Vermont, woman is accused of driving under the influence, assaulting a law enforcement officer, and resisting arrest. Bridget O'Brien, 38, was arrested on Sunday. Get all of the latest news, weather, sports, and entertainment delivered right to your inbox! Vermont State Police say they were alerted of a car off the road on East Road and Forgette Road in Stamford, Vermont. Once they arrived, they found the car in a snow bank with no one inside, and the car locked. After searching the area, police say they found O'Brien a short time afterward walking on East Road.Police say O'Brien refused to stop walking and while trying to speak with her, she turned around and punched a trooper in the cheek/chin area. Police say they attempted to take her into custody and were able to after a brief struggle. O'Brien allegedly showed signs of impairment and was taken to the Shaftsbury State Police Barracks for processing, according to police. She was issued a...

Albany Airport warning of potential cancellations

Albany Airport warning of potential cancellations ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) -- The Albany International Airport is alerting ticketed passengers of cancellations and anticipated delays amid the severe winter storm. As of 5 a.m. on Tuesday, 16-morning departures have been canceled. Ticketed passengers can check the status of their flight online. Get all of the latest news, weather, sports, and entertainment delivered right to your inbox! Albany International Airport says the Airport's Snow Team started clearing runways, taxiways, and airport roadways at 9:15 p.m. on Monday. Snow accumulation at the airport is in excess of four inches.

Play of the Week winner - Chatham's Anthony O'Dell

Play of the Week winner - Chatham's Anthony O'Dell CHATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) -- Congratulations to this week’s winner of our Play of the Week poll, Chatham's Anthony O'Dell! Get all of the latest news, weather, sports, and entertainment delivered right to your inbox! O'Dell drilled a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer to lift Chatham past Stillwater in the Class CC title game. O'Dell is Chatham's second straight winner, following Matt Thorsen. Vote here for this week’s Play of the Week poll!

Ukraine, one year after: MEPs debate the energy outlook with the Commission and IEA  

Ukraine, one year after: MEPs debate the energy outlook with the Commission and IEA   Speakers highlighted that while the EU managed to save energy and diversify its supply, it now has to develop its own production and adapt to a new energy reality.You can watch the recording of the debate and the press conference.In a meeting of the Industry, Research and Energy committee (ITRE), speakers took stock of the situation on the energy market one year after the start of the Russian aggression against Ukraine, and discussed future perspectives.ITRE committee Chairman Cristian Bușoi (EPP, RO) said: "It is a certainty that the world as we knew it has changed and that the weaponisation of energy by Russia already since 2021 has had enormous consequences in the world in general but in the European Union in particular."For that reason it is important, in a context where we are having to deal with challenges to security of supply, rising energy prices and infrastructure bottlenecks, that we keep in mind that this crisis is not over. All our efforts should go to consolidate the a...

Ask Amy: I’m fuming about how my teen’s caregiver treats me

Ask Amy: I’m fuming about how my teen’s caregiver treats me Dear Amy: My husband and I have a special-needs teenage son. After more than a year on a wait list, we finally have an in-home therapist.“Darla” comes three mornings a week to wake him up and help him to get dressed and ready for school.This gives me rare and much-needed breaks.My husband, who works from home, lets Darla into our home. I usually stay in my room and either sleep in or just enjoy the quiet until it is time for me to take my son to school.Darla doesn’t see all that I do when she isn’t there. I’ve picked up hints that she thinks I’m lazy and that my poor husband is put upon. (He doesn’t feel that way.)She also seems to have a crush on my husband and finds excuses to chat with him. It drives him crazy, because he’s trying to work.I sent Darla a text asking her not to disturb him unless absolutely necessary. She didn’t respond to the text, but she did stop interrupting him as much.Recently, after I let her in one morning, she told...

Harriette Cole: I accidentally sent a text to my boss, and I don’t know what to do

Harriette Cole: I accidentally sent a text to my boss, and I don’t know what to do DEAR HARRIETTE: I was trying to send a text message to my friend, and it inadvertently went to my boss.There wasn’t anything bad in it, per se. But my language was a bit racy. I used a couple of curse words and incomplete sentences. It was the shorthand I use when I talk to my friends.Anyway, I was embarrassed to learn that my boss had received it, and he replied that I must have made a mistake in sending it to him. I immediately apologized and explained that I had written it to my friend, but somehow I now feel like he looks at me a little differently.At work I am totally buttoned up and professional. He got to see a more relaxed side, but I’m not sure if he likes that.Is there anything I should do to refresh his image of me?TMIRelated ArticlesAdvice | Harriette Cole: Should I tell my hairstylist why I won’t be back? Advice | Harriette Cole: Her demands make me worried about sharing an apartment Advice | Harriette Cole: C...

McEwen: Q4 Earnings Snapshot

McEwen: Q4 Earnings Snapshot TORONTO (AP) — TORONTO (AP) — McEwen Mining Inc. (MUX) on Monday reported a loss of $37.4 million in its fourth quarter.On a per-share basis, the Toronto-based company said it had a loss of 79 cents.The gold and silver mining company posted revenue of $28.2 million in the period.For the year, the company reported that its loss widened to $81.1 million, or $1.71 per share. Revenue was reported as $110.4 million._____This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on MUX at https://www.zacks.com/ap/MUXSource