'All Eyez' on Tupac's memory for upcoming Hollywood Walk of Fame honor

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 09:18:46 GMT

'All Eyez' on Tupac's memory for upcoming Hollywood Walk of Fame honor Some "Changes" are coming to the Hollywood Walk of Fame on June 7, as the legendary rapper and actor Tupac Shakur will receive a posthumous star.Shakur, who at 25 years old was famously murdered in a shooting that remains unsolved, became a superstar in his short life, releasing hits like "Ambitionz az a Ridah" and "California Love" while starring in movies like "Poetic Justice" and "Juice."While his acting career was successful, Shakur — aka 2Pac or Makaveli — remains an icon in hip-hop music for his socially conscious lyrics and impact on the genre. Nearly three decades after his death, he is still frequently identified as one of the best — if not the best — to ever rap.Snoop Dogg famously performed with a 2Pac hologram at the 2012 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Field on April 15, 2012 in Indio, California. (Christopher Polk/Getty Images for Coachella)A 2Pac hologram performed at the 2012 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival at the Empire Polo...

The nation's best doughnut shop is in California, according to Yelp

The nation's best doughnut shop is in California, according to Yelp Do you “go nuts” for doughnuts? Sure you do. We all do. They’re made from fried dough and sugar. We’d be fools not to be interested.But, mind you, most of us don’t go gaga over just any doughnut. We all have our favorite shops and flavors, and we’re always on the lookout for newer, tastier varieties. And while there’s no shortage of shops providing exactly what we crave, there are also plenty of mediocre doughnut purveyors that, frankly, no one has ever gone nuts for.  To help us find the best of the best, Yelp’s team of analysts have compiled their second annual ranking of America's top 100 doughnut shops based on the ratings and reviews of Yelp’s online community. The 2023 list — released ahead of National Doughnut Day on June 2 — includes shops from 27 states and Washington, D.C., though some are more well-represented than others. California, for instance, is home to 10 of the top-rated doughnut shops on Yelp’s list, and virtually dominates the upper rankings with six shops ...

Disneyland announces dates for popular Halloween party Oogie Boogie Bash

Disneyland announces dates for popular Halloween party Oogie Boogie Bash While most people are getting ready for upcoming summer vacations, die-hard Disneyland fans are already looking forward to the fall season after the park announced more details about upcoming Halloween events.Tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash, a popular Halloween party at Disney California Adventure, will go on sale for Magic Key holders on June 27 and then be available to the general public on June 29, officials announced.Both ticket queues are expected to open no earlier than 9 a.m.Guests interested in attending the party are encouraged to buy tickets once they become available since last year’s event sold out in less than a week. Ticket prices range from $134 - $189.Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party, will officially return to Disneyland Resort this upcoming Halloween season. This separately ticketed, limited-capacity, after-hours event at Disney California Adventure Park is a seasonal guest -favorite, and will be returning on 25 select evenings between Sept. 5 and Oct. 31,...

Brian Disney Killed in Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Accident on Dysart Road Litchfield Park, AZ]

Brian Disney Killed in Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Accident on Dysart Road Litchfield Park, AZ] 54-Year-Old Rider Pronounced Dead after Hit-and-Run Collision near Rose LaneLITCHFIELD PARK, AZ (May 31, 2023) – Friday night, Brian Disney was killed in a hit-and-run motorcycle accident on Dysart Road.The incident occurred around 9:30 p.m., near Rose Lane on May 19th.According to reports, Disney struck a construction sign. The impact ejected him onto the road, where the driver of a dark-colored pickup-truck ran him over and fled the scene.Investigators say the driver continued heading north and did not call for help or render aid. Due to the extent of injuries sustained, medics pronounced 54-year-old Disney dead at the scene.At this time, there is no additional information available about the suspect. Once available, further details will be provided.The team at Sweet James sends out their heartfelt sympathies to the friends and family of Brian Disney who are grieving over the loss of their loved one.Losing someone in a motorcycle accident is always a traumatic experience for...

How to Get Presale Code Tickets for Boys Like Girls Speaking our Language Tour

How to Get Presale Code Tickets for Boys Like Girls Speaking our Language Tour The iconic pop rock band Boys Like Girls is going on a tour across the country called the “Speaking Our Language” Tour and we can let you know how to get presale code tickets, and everything else to secure your tickets. Presale code tickets go on sale Tuesday, May 3o, at 10 am local time, while general on sale tickets will start Friday, June 2 at 10 am local time. You can find the Boys Like Girls Speaking our Language Tour presale codes and passwords below.Boys Like Girls, recently announced their much-anticipated 30-date North America tour that will be presented by Emo Nite. The tour will feature support from acclaimed artists such as State Champs, Four Year Strong, 3OH!3, LOLO, The Summer Set, The Ready Set, and Max Bemis at different shows. The tour is slated to kick off on September 17th in Charlotte, NC and is being produced by Live Nation.The band released their first new song since 2012, Blood and Sugar, through their record label Fearless/Concord. Without a doubt, “Blo...

SF Giants’ Michael Conforto hobbled by heel injury; is Luis Matos an option?

SF Giants’ Michael Conforto hobbled by heel injury; is Luis Matos an option? SAN FRANCISCO — Wearing black slides, Michael Conforto hobbled around the Giants clubhouse Wednesday morning, noticeably showing the effects of the bruised heel that forced him out of their loss the previous night.Conforto was unavailable to speak, changing into street clothes and rushing off to get scans on his left heel. But manager Gabe Kapler confirmed what was visually apparent.“He was feeling much better last night than he is today,” Kapler said. “He’s in more discomfort, so we’ll get it checked out.”Conforto was on his way to receive an X-ray and an MRI; the Giants will wait for those results before determining whether a stint on the injured list is necessary. Should they lose Conforto, and the way he was moving Wednesday morning was not promising, the Giants would have their hottest hitter (Conforto) and most valuable position player (Thairo Estrada) both on the shelf.Since May 10, Conforto has homered seven times in 18 games while batting...

Photos: John Wayne’s former California ranch sells for $11.25 million

Photos: John Wayne’s former California ranch sells for $11.25 million A sprawling Riverside County ranch once owned by Western film star John Wayne has sold for $11.25 million, down 6% from the initial ask.Located in Hemet, the 2,000-acre Rancho Pavoreal has a three-bedroom, 3,000-square-foot stucco home dating to 1950, an even older barn and impressive views of the surrounding valley and Palomar Mountain.The property was listed at $12 million when it hit the market in January, although it had been on and off for years. In 2018, it was listed for $8 million and marketed as a potential pot farm.Western film star John Wayne’s former 2,000-acre ranch in Hemet has sold for $11.25 million. (Composite by Sandra Barrera, Southern California News Group; Inset: Associated Press file photo; Landscape: stunningphotography.com)A swing hangs from the branch of an oak tree on the Hemet ranch, once owned by Hollywood icon John Wayne. (Photo by StunningPhotography.com)The stucco house. (Photo by StunningPhotography.com)View from the veranda. (Photo by Stunning...

PG&E reaches Zogg fire settlement after criminal charges are dropped

PG&E reaches Zogg fire settlement after criminal charges are dropped OAKLAND — PG&E has reached a settlement of a civil case arising from the lethal Zogg Fire that burned in Shasta County and Tehama County in 2020 after criminal charges were dropped in the case on Wednesday.The Shasta County District Attorney’s Office agreed to drop all remaining criminal charges in the fatal fire, which killed four people and torched 204 buildings, a blaze that also essentially destroyed the communities of Igo and Ono in that area.“We stand behind our thousands of trained and experienced coworkers and contractors working every day to keep Californians safe,” Patricia Poppe, PG&E’s chief executive officer, said in a prepared release. “We feel strongly that those good-faith judgments are not criminal.”State fire investigators determined that the blaze, which erupted in September 2020, was caused by a pine tree falling into PG&E power lines. The inferno eventually consumed about 56,300 acres.Under the deal with pros...

Amanda Seyfried says Elizabeth Holmes’ sentence is ‘fair’

Amanda Seyfried says Elizabeth Holmes’ sentence is ‘fair’ As Elizabeth Holmes reported to prison on Tuesday, Amanda Seyfried shared her thoughts on the disgraced Theranos founder’s sentence.The actor, who portrayed Holmes in Emmy-winning series “The Dropout,” visited “Good Morning America” Tuesday to discuss her new show “The Crowded Room,” and acknowledged that the timing was “weird” that Holmes was beginning her sentence at the same time.“I feel for those kids,” Seyfried said, referring to Holmes’ two young children. “There’s two kids that are hanging in the balance here.”The “Mamma Mia” star, mother to two children herself, added that it affected her “as a parent, as a mom” as well.“Life’s not fair,” Seyfried added, “but in a lot of ways, it’s fair. For her, in particular.”Holmes was  sentenced in November to 11 years and three months in prison for defrauding investors while running her failed blood testing startup Theranos.Holmes and Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani – her ex-boyfriend and former Theranos COO, also convicted of fraud – are ordere...

Opinion: Homework load forces high schoolers to choose: grades or health?

Opinion: Homework load forces high schoolers to choose: grades or health? Editor’s Note: This article was written for Mosaic Vision, an independent journalism training program for high school students who report and photograph stories under the guidance of professional journalists.I worry a lot about homework, more than anyone should.As soon as I return home from school, I launch into my math homework. I get stuck on a problem and quickly switch to reading my environmental science textbook for a quiz tomorrow. I go back to my precalculus worksheet, watch a video walkthrough and solve the rest of it — but it is already 7 p.m.Instead of eating dinner with my family, I am hunched over my laptop screen watching Heimler’s History review online videos for my Advanced Placement U.S. History test, which I did not have time to do earlier because I was too focused on completing homework for the same class.When all my homework is done, it is 10 p.m., and I still have to shower, catch up with my parents, clean up my room, finish writing and editing articles, make a p...