Breanna Romero Dead, Angelica Varon Arrested after DUI Collision on Holohan Road [Watsonville, CA]

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 17:53:13 GMT

Breanna Romero Dead, Angelica Varon Arrested after DUI Collision on Holohan Road [Watsonville, CA] 26-Year-Old Woman Killed, Multiple Injured in Head-On Collision near Grimmer RoadWATSONVILLE, CA (March 8, 2023) – Saturday, Breanna Romero was killed and Angelica Varon was arrested after a DUI collision on Holohan Road.The fatal incident happened around 10:22 p.m., near Grimmer Road. Dispatchers responded to the scene shortly after.Investigators said a southbound 2007 Volvo XC 90 crossed the double yellow lines and collided head-on with a 2015 Hyundai Elantra heading north on Holohan.The 26-year-old driver of the Hyundai, Romero, sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene. Her passenger sustained major injuries and was taken to Nativad Hospital in Salinas.In addition, the passenger inside the other vehicle was transported to Watsonville Community Hospital with serious injuries.Following preliminary duties, police arrested 38-year-old Angelica Varon of Watsonville for driving under the influence. Varon was also transported to Natividad Hospital with serious injuries.The f...

Alexander Salazar-Acevedo Dead after Two-Car Crash near South Park Avenue [Tucson, AZ]

Alexander Salazar-Acevedo Dead after Two-Car Crash near South Park Avenue [Tucson, AZ] 20-Year-Old Passenger Dies after Car Accident on East Benson HighwayTUCSON, AZ (March 8, 2023) – Tuesday night, Alexander Salazar-Acevedo died in a traffic car accident near South Park Avenue.The incident happened on February 21st, shortly after 9:45 p.m., near South Park Avenue and East Benson Highway.According to reports, a white 2019 Ford F-350 attempted to make a left turn from South Park Avenue onto East Benson Highway. There, the F-350 collided with a silver 2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS 550.Police said that the factor of the incident was a failure to yield by the Ford. The drivers did not show any signs of impairment.The impact of the collision left several people with injuries. 20-year-old Salazar-Acevedo died on February 23rd after refusing medical treatment while other injured occupants were treated at the scene.The Sweet James team sends their warm and sincerest sympathies out to the friends and family of Alexander Salazar-Acevedo. May the memories of your loved one give y...

Arbutus Wood Pronounced Dead after Multi-Car Accident near 67th Avenue [Phoenix, AZ]

Arbutus Wood Pronounced Dead after Multi-Car Accident near 67th Avenue [Phoenix, AZ] 95-Year-Old Woman Dead in Traffic Collision near Broadway RoadPHOENIX, AZ (March 8, 2023) – Sunday morning, a multi-car accident near 67th Avenue claimed the life of Arbutus Wood.According to Phoenix police, they responded to the area near 67th Avenue and Broadway Road involving three vehicles that collided.Investigation showed that a brown vehicle traveling on Broadway failed to yield at a red light and collided with a white vehicle traveling on 67th Avenue.Furthermore, the white vehicle was occupied by 95-year-old Wood and one other person. The two vehicles then were sent to the way of a pickup truck.Consequently, Wood and the other occupant were transported to the hospital with serious injuries where Wood later died.No arrests or citations have been made after the incident as the accident is still under investigation.No words can mend the broken hearts and sorrow felt during this delicate moment. Deepest condolences and sympathies are with the family and friends of Arbutus ...

Oscar Montoya Killed in Hit-and-Run Bicycle Crash on Pacific Avenue [Los Angeles, CA]

Oscar Montoya Killed in Hit-and-Run Bicycle Crash on Pacific Avenue [Los Angeles, CA] 51-Year-Old Bicyclist Fatally Struck in Hit-and-Run Collision near Channel StreetLOS ANGELES, CA (March 8, 2023) – Early Saturday morning, Oscar Montoya was fatally struck in a hit-and-run bicycle crash on Pacific Avenue.The incident occurred around 12:40 a.m., just south of Channel Street in Venice.Per reports, the driver of a light-colored vehicle struck a cyclist on Pacific Avenue. Upon impact, the driver fled the scene without rendering aid to the victim.Emergency personnel arrived and declared the victim dead at the scene after being ejected from their bicycle. On Monday, the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office identified the deceased bicyclist as 51-year-old Montoya.Following preliminary duties, officers say the suspect was likely to be driving a Toyota Scion. Once available, further details will be provided.The LAPD South Traffic Division is asking anyone with information about the Pacific Avenue hit-and-run to contact 323-421-2500.The team at Sweet James offers their w...

Janiva Magness Digs Through the Weeds

Janiva Magness Digs Through the Weeds Janiva Magness Digs Through the Weeds: L.A.-based, Detroit-born blues queen Janiva Magness released autobiographical album Hard to Kill last year, a couple of years after she put an actual autobiography, a book called Weeds Like Us. Both saw her digging up some painful memories, and hopefully both proved therapeutic.Magness performs at the Venice West on Tuesday, and her shows are always thrilling so be there. The new material is stellar, as is her back catalog.Back in 2018, shortly after she had put out the Love is an Army album, she told us that, “I never want to make the same record twice. I look over my shoulder at what I’ve done, and I see that there’s been a continuum. When I’m in the moment of making records, I just feel like I’m doing what’s in front of me. I’m going where I’m being lead. But as I look over my shoulder, historically, I can see that there’s an absolute continuum.”“I’m not saying I’ve fallen in love with myself after all these years, because that’s certainly n...

Visionary Women Celebrate International Women’s Day

Visionary Women Celebrate International Women’s Day Maria Shriver and her daughters, Katherine Schwarzenegger-Pratt and Christina Schwarzenegger, received the 2023 Changemaker of the Year award for their philanthropy and leadership at the Visionary Women International Women’s Day Summit earlier this week at Waldorf Beverly Hills. The event also presented the 2023 Visionary Award for Economic Empowerment in partnership with the Hostetler/Wrigley Foundation to Omi Bell, founder and CEO of Black Girl Ventures, which creates access to capital for BIPOC female entrepreneurs.  The 2023 Rising Visionary Award was given to Briana Franklin, co-founder, President and CEO of The Prosp(a)rity Project, helping Black women overcome financial disparity.Giselle Fernandez moderated a conversation with Changemaker honorees, and Shriver talked about the need to slow down and focus on the present. “Life is a marathon and you want to look at your life over the course of it,” she said. “Don’t worry that you haven’t accomplished this, tha...

An Inspired Collage: Arts Calendar March 9-15

An Inspired Collage: Arts Calendar March 9-15 Porcelain against evil, music-inspired video collage, spoken word at the museum, an art film benefit for eco-justice, mixed media paintings about, and with materials from, home; paintings inspired by ikebana, memories of home, weather systems, the constantly changing city, and a folklore of everyday visitations; an art-infused walk along the river, a night of short stories about the river, a sound-based diaspora community diary, two weeks of cheap theater tickets across the region, three decades of obeying the giant, and more, more, more.Robert Russell: Lamb Model 107, 2022 (Anat Ebgi Gallery)Thursday, March 9Robert Russell: Porzellan Manufaktur Allach at Anat Ebgi. Russell is a conceptual painter whose work returns to ideas of memory, iconography, and mortality in a personal painting language that is attentive to beauty, the history of art, and the role of photography. His newest series depicts Allach porcelain figurines produced by forced labor in Nazi concentration camps and fact...

Isabella Mastrodicasa Is Helping Creators Build Successful & Meaningful Careers With Her New Venture, Never Settle Media

Isabella Mastrodicasa Is Helping Creators Build Successful & Meaningful Careers With Her New Venture, Never Settle Media Isabella Mastrodicasa is a talent manager and film/TV producer who is making waves in the entertainment industry. With her unique blend of creativity, business savvy, and a passion for fostering new talent, Mastrodicasa has become a respected and sought-after figure in the industry.Mastrodicasa began her career in the entertainment industry in literary representation, working with  some of the biggest companies and names in Hollywood. Since she started expanding her business into digital in 2020, she quickly made a name for herself as a fierce advocate for her clients, using her exceptional negotiation skills to secure some of the best deals in the space. However, it was her passion for fostering new talent that set her apart from other talent managers. Mastrodicasa has a keen eye for spotting raw talent and helping them reach their full potential.In recent years, Mastrodicasa has diversified her portfolio to include film and TV development. She has produced a number of critically a...

Staying Safe: Guide to What to Do in a Tsunami

Staying Safe: Guide to What to Do in a Tsunami Only a handful of disasters can wipe out a civilization in an instant. And a tsunami is one of them. It may look astonishing to watch in films but a tsunami is very much a reality that we should all be prepared for — everyone should know what to do in a tsunami in case the ocean’s waves come crashing on our land.It’s important to understand how a tsunami works so you can do your best to prepare for it and prevent injuries that one may acquire from it.Causes of a TsunamiTsunamis can be caused by other types of disasters — most of the time, a tsunami is just one of the aftermaths. Earthquakes, for instance, can cause a tsunami to occur. When the tectonic plates beneath the earth’s surface shift, it can disturb the ocean and cause a tsunami; other tsunami causes are volcanic eruptions, landslides, and asteroids — basically, anything that can disrupt the ocean floor.When a tsunami occurs, the waves of the ocean can travel for as fast as 30 miles an hour. The waves can also be up to 100 ...

Bay Area’s best picnic spots: Marin French Cheese Co., Petaluma

Bay Area’s best picnic spots: Marin French Cheese Co., Petaluma If you’re driving out to some gorgeous spot on the coast, you could certainly stop at the Marin French Cheese Co. and pick up provisions — the company’s famous artisan cheeses, fresh sandwiches, wine —for a delicious picnic.But here’s another idea: Make this Marin cheese company your destination. Set amid rolling hills on a 700-acre dairy farm in Hicks Valley, its cheese shop and expansive picnic grounds offer a vision of West Marin pastoral heaven.The company’s iconic sign along the Point Reyes-Petaluma Road, west of Novato, invites passers-by to stop and stay a while. For locals, the cheese company, known simply as “The Cheese Factory,” has long been a destination for a day out. It’s especially popular with families looking for a pretty lunch spot where kids can run around.The cheese shop is housed in a classic, farmhouse-style building. The surrounding property is home to cows, chickens, a pig farm and a vegetable garden. And the historic creamery be...