Whyte Fang in Coachella Wonderland

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 19:35:58 GMT

Whyte Fang in Coachella Wonderland Whyte Fang in Coachella Wonderland: Alexandra Sholler, aka Whyte Fang, is perhaps best known as her other alias, Alison Wonderland. We wrote a cover feature on Wonderland a year ago, and she told us during the interview that she was thinking of bringing Whyte Fang, her first musical alias, back. She’s done just that, and she wowed the Coachella weekend one crowd. We spoke to her just before her weekend two set…Last time we spoke, for an Alison Wonderland cover feature, you were flirting with the idea of bringing Whyte Fang back – I guess it went well…It did go well. I put everything into the project. I’m pretty damn proud. How did Coachella weekend one go for you?Oh my god, I was so proud of my team and myself. It translated exactly how I wanted it to and more. I had so many people messaging me. A lot of people didn’t even know it was me, which is awesome because we had an overflowing tent and I didn’t expect it. A lot of people were saying that was their favorite s...

Van de Zandschulp gets another shot against Rune in Munich

Van de Zandschulp gets another shot against Rune in Munich MUNICH (AP) — Botic van de Zandschulp has another chance against defending champion Holger Rune in the final of the BMW Open after both players won their semifinals on Saturday.The 19-year-old Rune saved all eight break points he faced to beat Australia’s Christopher O’Connell 6-3, 6-2. The Danish star has never lost a set at the Munich event.Van de Zandschulp defeated the second-seeded Taylor Fritz 6-4, 7-6 (2) in their semifinal.Fritz was attempting to reach his first tour-level final on clay but Van de Zandschulp saved four of the five break points he faced.The Dutch player retired during the final last year with an aching chest.___ More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/hub/tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_SportsSource

Residentes de un condominio en el sur de Florida tienen que evacuar después de que el complejo de edificios se considerara estructuralmente inseguro

Residentes de un condominio en el sur de Florida tienen que evacuar después de que el complejo de edificios se considerara estructuralmente inseguro (CNN) — A los residentes de un complejo de edificios en el sur de Florida se les ordenó evacuar el martes después de que se consideró que el condominio no era seguro durante su recertificación de construcción de 60 años.Durante una inspección realizada el 14 de abril, un ingeniero de construcción descubrió que el condominio Majestic Isle en North Bay Village tenía pisos hundidos y daños por termitas y lo consideró estructuralmente inseguro.Una fuga reciente de un desagüe del techo provocó un colapso parcial del techo la semana pasada y los residentes de cinco unidades ya habían sido evacuados, según un comunicado de la ciudad.El edificio Majestic Isle fue construido en 1960 y tiene 36 unidades con aproximadamente 55 residentes, según el comunicado.“Es la primera vez que tenemos una situación como esta en North Bay Village”, dijo el alcalde Brent Latham. “Todos están trabajando muy, muy duro para responder y ayudar en esta situación de crisis para algunos de nuestros vecinos”, ...

David’s goal not enough as Lille draws at Auxerre

David’s goal not enough as Lille draws at Auxerre PARIS (AP) — Jonathan David’s 21st goal of the season wasn’t enough for Lille as it drew at Auxerre 1-1 in the French league on Saturday.The Canada striker hit the post twice before putting Lille ahead from the penalty spot in the 36th minute after a handball confirmed by video review.The goal moved David one behind Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé, who scored both of PSG’s goals in a 2-1 win at bottom side Angers on Friday.But Auxerre striker M’Baye Niang’s penalty in the 62nd gave 14th-placed Auxerre a point toward safety.Later Saturday, Lens was looking to move above Marseille and into second place with a home win over fourth-placed Monaco.___More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_SportSource

Incendio en restaurante de Madrid, al parecer provocado por una pizza flameada, deja dos muertos y una docena de heridos

Incendio en restaurante de Madrid, al parecer provocado por una pizza flameada, deja dos muertos y una docena de heridos (CNN) — Un incendio en un restaurante italiano en Madrid, que se cree que fue iniciado por una pizza flameada, provocó la muerte de dos personas y dejó heridas a otras 12, dijeron funcionarios de la ciudad este sábado.“Parece que el fuego comenzó cuando se servía una pizza flameada, que prendió fuego a la decoración del restaurante”, dijo el alcalde de Madrid, José Luis Martínez Almeida, a la televisión estatal española TVE en el lugar este sábado, horas después del incendio del viernes por la noche.Los medios españoles informaron que una especialidad del restaurante era una pizza al estilo flambeado, un procedimiento de cocción en el que se vierte licor sobre la comida y se enciende brevemente.“Los bomberos me dijeron que fue un incendio feroz por la forma en que comenzó y el humo que generó y si la estación de bomberos no estuviera a solo 100 metros (alrededor de 330 pies) de distancia, la cantidad de muertes podría haber sido mayor”, dijo Almeida. Hablando con T...

Swiatek and Sabalenka set up another final in Stuttgart

Swiatek and Sabalenka set up another final in Stuttgart STUTTGART, Germany (AP) — Defending champion Iga Swiatek will again play Aryna Sabalenka in the final of the Porsche Grand Prix after they came through their semifinals on Saturday.Swiatek had an easier path to the final than she expected when Ons Jabeur retired with a left calf injury. Swiatek was leading 3-0.Sabalenka eased into the final for the third straight year with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Anastasia Potapova. The Belarusian player lost the decider to Ash Barty in 2021, then to Swiatek 6-2, 6-2 last year. The Pole has won four of their six meetings overall.___ More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/hub/tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_SportsSource

Denny Hamlin wins 1st superspeedway pole of his career

Denny Hamlin wins 1st superspeedway pole of his career TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Denny Hamlin won the first superspeedway pole of his career and will lead the field to green at Talladega Superspeedway on Sunday. Hamlin, a three-time Daytona 500 winner and two-time winner at Talladega, turned a lap at 180.642 mph in Saturday qualifying to put his Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota in the top starting spot.“I was well aware that I’ve never gotten a superspeedway pole,” Hamlin said of the statistic. He has won 36 poles in his career. Hamlin bumped Aric Almirola in a Ford from Stewart-Haas Racing and Ty Gibbs, Hamlin’s teammate at JGR. Chase Briscoe of SHR qualified fourth and was followed by Ryan Blaney of Team Penske. JGR drivers Christopher Bell and and Martin Truex were sixth and seventh, while reigning Cup champion Joey Logano of Penske was eighth. Kyle Larson, winner last week at Martinsville Speedway, qualified ninth for Hendrick Motorsports and was the only Chevrolet driver to crack the top 10. Chris Buescher in a Ford from Roush Fenw...

Salah grabs winner as Liverpool beats Forest 3-2

Salah grabs winner as Liverpool beats Forest 3-2 LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Liverpool twice relinquished a lead before scoring a winner through Mohamed Salah as a 3-2 victory over relegation-threatened Nottingham Forest preserved hopes of a top-four finish in the English Premier League on Saturday.Diogo Jota put Liverpool 1-0 and 2-1 ahead at Anfield only for goals by Neco Williams — a former Liverpool player — and Morgan Gibbs-White to pull Forest level.The last of five goals in a wild spell of 23 second-half minutes was converted by Salah, who side-footed in Trent Alexander-Arnold’s free kick in the 70th minute for his 16th of the league campaign.Liverpool jumped to seventh in the standings, six points behind Newcastle in fourth and three behind Tottenham in fifth. Newcastle hosts Tottenham on Sunday.Forest, which is in next-to-last place, remained without a win since Feb. 5 and has lost six of its last seven games, leaving manager Steve Cooper under lots of pressure after he was told results had to improve by owner Evangelos Mar...

Búsqueda de Noel Rodríguez-Alvarez, niño de 6 años desaparecido en Texas, continúa este fin de semana

Búsqueda de Noel Rodríguez-Alvarez, niño de 6 años desaparecido en Texas, continúa este fin de semana La policía de Everman tiene previsto reiniciar su búsqueda este fin de semana en la investigación en curso sobre la desaparición de Noel Rodríguez-Alvarez, de 6 años.Noel lleva desaparecido desde octubre de 2022, que es la última vez que las autoridades dijeron que podían confirmar que alguien había visto al niño con vida. A principios de este mes, los investigadores dijeron que creían que había fallecido después de no encontrar pruebas que apoyarán las afirmaciones o rumores de que estaba viviendo con familiares en el extranjero o que había sido vendido a una mujer fuera de un supermercado local.La semana pasada, los perros detectores de cadáveres que ayudaban a los investigadores en la casa del niño en Wisteria Drive “alertaron” sobre una alfombra desechada y tierra vegetal debajo de un porche recién vertido, lo que indicaba que había habido restos humanos en algún momento del pasado; sin embargo, no se encontraron pruebas físicas que pudieran analizarse e identificars...

After uneven road run, Spoelstra turns to Heat’s ‘requisite type of resilience’

After uneven road run, Spoelstra turns to Heat’s ‘requisite type of resilience’ Despite up-and-down performances in the first two games at Fiserv Forum of this best-of-seven Eastern Conference first-round playoff series against the Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he believes his team has grown grounded for such moments, with deep playoff runs in two of the three previous postseasons.“We’ve been through a lot as a group in a lot of playoff situations, but also just this year,” he said of a season that required constant rotation reshuffling. “And I think we’ve been able to manage a lot of different emotions and just stay the course.“I think that’s built up the requisite type of resilience that you need in a playoff series against a good team.”Spoelstra, ahead of Saturday night’s Game 3 at the Kaseya Center, also said there was no need to get overly caught up on the playing status of Giannis Antetokounmpo, with a respect in place for the Bucks’ depth of talent, including Jrue Holiday...