Saratoga Springs man arrested in fraud check investigation

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 16:47:06 GMT

Saratoga Springs man arrested in fraud check investigation SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) -- A Saratoga Springs man was arrested on Thursday following a fraudulent check investigation, in which he amassed over $8,000, according to New York State Police. Jeffrey Bishop, 31, faces multiple charges. Get the latest, news, weather, sports and community events delivered right to your inbox! On Tuesday, May 9, state police say they received information regarding several fraudulent checks cashed throughout the Capital Region. Police say an investigation found Bishop possessed multiple fraudulent checks named to him and cashed them at financial institutions in Colonie, Guilderland, and Bethlehem.Police say the crimes resulted in the theft of over $8,000. All these crimes allegedly happened in the month of May. 5 things to know this Monday, July 10 Charges:Second-degree possession of a forged instrument (four counts)Fourth-degree grand larceny (four counts)First-degree scheme to defraud (four counts)Bishop was arrested at his home and was taken...

'Persons of interest' wanted after body found along St. Charles Rock Road

'Persons of interest' wanted after body found along St. Charles Rock Road PAGEDALE -- The Major Case Squad has identified the victim in a fatal shooting along St. Charles Rock Road Friday and are looking for three 'persons of interest' in the crime. The man shot to death has been identified as Jaylin Johnson, 19, of St. Louis County. He recently attended Marquette High School.On July 7 at around 1 a.m., police responded to reports of a person in distress. A passerby called police, telling them about a person lying on the sidewalk along St. Charles Rock Road at Engelholm. Officers discovered Johnson's lifeless body. Shell casings were found at the scene. St. Louis woman finally gets towed vehicle back from Streets Dept. Detectives believe that Johnson went to Downtown St. Louis to meet with some people Thursday night. He was last seen with several individuals just prior to his death. Police are asking the public to help identify them. They may have information about his death.Anyone with information should call investigators at 314-327-6482 or anonymousl...

One person killed after Aurora crash, forcing closure of westbound I-70 ramp near Chambers Road

One person killed after Aurora crash, forcing closure of westbound I-70 ramp near Chambers Road A car crash early Monday killed one person, and another was hospitalized, forcing the closure of the westbound off-ramp along Interstate 70 near the intersection with Chambers Road.This single-vehicle crash happened around 2 a.m. in the Gateway Park area, Aurora police officials said in a posting on Twitter. No time estimate was given for the reopening of roadways.#APDTrafficAlert: The westbound offramp of I-70, as well as northbound lanes of Chambers Road are closed for an investigation into a fatal, single-vehicle crash.The crash occurred about 2 a.m. near North Chambers and East 40th Ave. in the Gateway Park neighborhood. One person… pic.twitter.com/R4CwRedzsh— Aurora Police Dept (@AuroraPD) July 10, 2023

Denver weather: Hot and getting hotter with a high of 93 degrees under sunny blue skies

Denver weather: Hot and getting hotter with a high of 93 degrees under sunny blue skies The weather in metro Denver will be mostly dry under sunny blue skies Monday with high temperatures exceeding 90 degrees through Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.Hot conditions drying out trees and soil were expected to get hotter, weather service forecasters said.On Monday afternoon, isolated thunderstorms bringing bursts of wind are possible, including a couple of severe storms with the potential to produce golf ball hail on Colorado’s eastern plains. Meteorologists estimated the like likelihood of rain Monday at 20%.The high temperature in Denver Monday will be around 93 degrees, decreasing to 62 degrees at night, forecasters said. On Tuesday, the high temperature is expected to be 96 degrees. Summer heat reaching at least 90 degrees is forecast through Thursday.Summer heat arrives today, along with isolated showers/storms with strong, gusty winds this afternoon. A couple severe storms possible on the eastern plains. Evening (after 6 pm) will be dry. #COw...

Several homes destroyed as hillside collapses in Rolling Hills

Several homes destroyed as hillside collapses in Rolling Hills Residents of a Los Angeles County neighborhood were forced to evacuate their homes Saturday night after a giant landslide prompted police, fire and utility company officials to respond early Sunday morning and close down the area.  At least 12 homes were evacuated in Rolling Hills Estates along Peartree Lane next to the canyon area, the Los Angeles County Fire Department said. Several other homes caved in and were completely destroyed. A total of 16 residents were forced to leave their residences after one of the homeowners reported problems.  According to the L.A. County Fire Department, cracks were first discovered in the structure of one home, which led crews to find that the damage had progressed to neighboring residences. SoCal Edison shut off power in the area, and Southern California Gas Company crews were called in to make sure no gas lines had been ruptured.  "It’s concerning. A lot of families live here," homeowner Abtin Hashemian told KTLA. H...

Suspect in critical condition, two others wounded in Long Beach stabbing

Suspect in critical condition, two others wounded in Long Beach stabbing A man suspected of pulling out a knife during an altercation in Long Beach was in critical condition following a stabbing incident that also left two victims hospitalized overnight. Officers were called to a home in the 300 block of West 14th Street for a stabbing incident around 12:30 a.m. Monday, the Long Beach Police Department confirmed. Emergency crews respond to a stabbing in Long Beach on July 10, 2023. (OC Hawk)Investigators determined there was a verbal altercation between friends and family members gathered at the home.At some point during the argument, there was a stabbing that involved a male adult suspect, a male adult victim and a female adult victim, the Police Department stated. Monrovia woman wakes up to dead bear in front yard All three were transported to local hospitals after receiving lacerations to their upper bodies. The suspect was listed in critical condition while the victims were both said to be in stable condition. There was no immediate word on what ...

Amazon promises ‘more deals’ for Prime Day 2023

Amazon promises ‘more deals’ for Prime Day 2023 BestReviews is reader-supported and may earn an affiliate commission.Amazon Prime Day 2023 is on July 11 and 12.This year, Amazon promises more deals than ever before."Prime Day started as Amazon’s way of celebrating their own birthday," started Jacob Palmer of BestReviews.com, which is owned by our parent company Nexstar.Now, it’s evolved into two of the biggest shopping days of the summer."It gets bigger every year," said Palmer. "The majority of people will be shopping Prime Day for is that thing they’ve had their eye on that they really want to get but they’ve been waiting for the right price.Sounds about right.This year, Amazon is offering a 30-day free trial for new Prime members, along with $10 off Prime Day shopping.There are promises of discounts on a wide variety of brands."A lot of people are now using Prime Day to stock up on everyday essentials," explained Palmer.He says diapers, batteries and trash bags were among the top sellers last year.This year, Amazon will have d...

Firefighters battle massive structure fire in Paramount

Firefighters battle massive structure fire in Paramount A massive fire erupted at a commercial building in the city of Paramount early Monday morning. The blaze erupted around 12:40 a.m. at the single-story building in the 7500 block of East Rosecrans Avenue, according to the Los Angeled Fire Department. A 3-alarm fire erupted in Paramount on July 10, 2023. (KTLA)Firefighters arrived at the three-alarm fire to find flames burning through the roof of the structure. 3 dead, 1 injured after fiery crash in Tesla Crews were forced to battle the flames in a defensive mode, the Fire Department stated. It appeared a portion of the structure was at risk of collapse. Sky5 was over the scene around 5 a.m. and the roof over a large portion of the building was gone. Small fires were still burning inside the building but the situation appeared to be under control. There was no immediate word on any injures as a result of the blaze.

Dr. Larry Nassar stabbed multiple times during Florida prison altercation: AP sources

Dr. Larry Nassar stabbed multiple times during Florida prison altercation: AP sources WASHINGTON (AP) — Disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar, who was convicted of sexually abusing female gymnasts, was stabbed multiple times during an altercation with another inmate at a federal prison in Florida.Two people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press the attack happened Sunday at United States Penitentiary Coleman in Florida. The people said he was in stable condition Monday.Dr. Larry Nassar, appears in court for a plea hearing on Nov. 22, 2017, in Lansing, Mich. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya File)One of the people said he had been stabbed in the back and in the chest.The people were not authorized to publicly discuss details of the attack or the ongoing investigation and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.Nassar was sentenced to decades in prison for sexually assaulting gymnasts, including Olympic medalists. 14-year-old girl found in barracks at Camp Pendleton in alleged sex trafficking case Nassar is serving decades in prison ...

Maggie Cubillos Enjoys Blessed Unrest

Maggie Cubillos Enjoys Blessed Unrest Sara BareillesThe Blessed Unrest (Epic)Maggie Cubillos Enjoys Blessed Unrest: Singer and songwriter Maggie Cubillos told us about her love for a Sara Bareilles gem.Maggie Cubillos: My favorite album of all time has to be ‘The Blessed Unrest’ by one of my biggest inspirations Sara Bareilles.(Epic)I remember growing up my voice teacher was a huge Sara Bareilles fan and assigned me a few of her songs to sing such as ‘Between The Lines’ and ‘Gravity’. Me being I think 10 years old (?) at the time I don’t think I really understood a lot of the things she was singing about in her songs, but I knew something about it resonated with me. The emotion in her voice when she sang was so inspiring to younger me and was something I wanted to emulate.When ‘The Blessed Unrest’ came out in 2013 I was 12 years old. I remember hearing one of the tracks ‘Manhattan’ and thinking about how I wanted to make music that made me feel the way th...