Wangsness' career day helps lead Saints past Marist

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 21:17:48 GMT

Wangsness' career day helps lead Saints past Marist LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) -- A quick start, a strong finish and career days from both senior attack Katy Wangsness and junior defense Laura Bonomo help send the Saints women’s lacrosse team to a convincing, 14-8 MAAC win against rival Marist on Wednesday afternoon at Hickey Field.  Get the latest, news, weather, sports and community events delivered right to your inbox! The Saints (7-4 overall, 2-0 MAAC) only trailed 1-0, but reeled off five consecutive goals to capture a lead that they would not relinquish the remainder of the game.  It got as close as 6-5 with just under 11 minutes to play in the third quarter, but Siena responded with three straight scores to provide an arm’s length lead. Wangsness was active throughout, notching a goal in each of the first two periods before unleashing a fury in the third stanza with three goals within a six-plus minute stretch to give Siena a 11-7 lead.  Wangsness’ five goals were a career high in a single game and her si...

Russia starts exercises with Yars intercontinental ballistic missiles

Russia starts exercises with Yars intercontinental ballistic missiles Russia began exercises with its Yars intercontinental missile system and several thousand troops on Wednesday (29 March). This is likely to be another attempt by Moscow in order to demonstrate its nuclear power.Vladimir Putin, President of Russia, has made the Yars missile systems, which have replaced the Topol, part of Russia's invincible weapon and the mainstay for its ground-based nuclear arsenal.The defence ministry stated that the exercises involved more than 3,000 military personnel as well as 300 pieces of equipment.The drills include a comprehensive Strategic Missile Forces control check of the Omsk rocket formation, as well as a command-and-staff exercise with the Novosibirsk nuclear missile formation equipped with Yars systems.The ministry did not identify the regions but stated that the Yars mobile systems would conduct manoeuvres in three Russian regions during the exercises."Strategic missilemen will also carry out a series of measures to camouflage modern aerial reconn...

For Human Honour and Dignity

For Human Honour and Dignity The modernization of the country and the building of the New Uzbekistan based on the principle “The society is the initiator of reforms” require the conduct of a national vote on constitutional reforms, adapting our Basic Law to today’s social realities and the logic of our accelerated reforms - writes Gabit AydarovBased on the idea that “the people must be the only source and author of the Constitution”, a nationwide discussion was held on the draft Constitutional Law, during which more than 220 thousand proposals on its improvement were received from the population, the majority of which were taken into consideration.With the amendments and addends made to the Constitution, the existing 128 Articles have been increased to 155, of which 91 have been conceptually altered.For the first time, the Constitution stipulates as an inviolable provision that Uzbekistan is a sovereign, democratic, legal, social and secular State (Article 1). This norm of principle is aimed at preserving and f...

Ask Amy: It was a fun job until the bossy men took over

Ask Amy: It was a fun job until the bossy men took over Dear Amy: I work at a food pantry in my small town. I have been volunteering since my retirement several years ago.The other volunteers and I loved working there, stocking shelves, packing boxes, etc. We are mostly older women, and a few husbands have helped out with the heavier lifting chores.The director has done a wonderful job assigning chores and running the organization, so we worked like a well-oiled machine.In the last couple of years, several recently retired men joined us.They all wanted to be the boss, changing the way things were done and in general added a lot of chaos to the environment with their foul language and arguing with each other.The poor volunteer director, who puts in more hours running this organization than she would at a full-time job, is at her wits end.Do other charities have this problem with pushy volunteers? How should this be handled?The director is just a sweet little 70-year-old lady. Who knew there could be so much trouble with volunteers?Senior ...

Harriette Cole: Why does my husband get to have it both ways?

Harriette Cole: Why does my husband get to have it both ways? DEAR HARRIETTE: My husband is the king of double standards. He is constantly preaching about the way that things should be done. Never mind that he regularly does things any old way.For example, he talks about the importance of not leaving food out in the kitchen because it will attract mice and roaches. Good point. And yet, at least once or twice a week, he eats nuts and leaves the shells all over the kitchen floor.Whenever I say something to him about his behavior, he chews me out. How is it that he gets to have it both ways?Sick of HimDEAR SICK OF HIM: Get ready for a fight of sorts. Sounds like you have to stand up to your husband with examples. The next time he goes off on you about what you are doing wrong, stop him in his tracks.First, admit to whatever he has addressed. If you should have handled it differently, own up to that. But then pivot to his behavior.Related ArticlesAdvice | Harriette Cole: It was a mistake to reveal my divorce plans before I was ready ...

Nationals 2023 Preview: Long road back begins now

Nationals 2023 Preview: Long road back begins now Very few people thought the Washington Nationals — even with the likes of Josh Bell and Juan Soto in the lineup — would contend for a playoff spot last spring. And many had them finishing under .500 (I had projected 69-93).But very few had the 2022 season in mind when they finished with a 55-107 record where they never reached .500, even for a day after dropping their opener (2-3, 4-5, and 6-7 was the best they could do). Also, they traded their generational talent Juan Soto a few years before the All-Star hit free agency.If 2020 (26-34 and last in the NL East) was a disappointment and 2021 (67-95 plus the late-July fire sale of Max Scherzer and Trea Turner) was disturbing, 2022 had the feeling of a thud.More Washington Nationals NewsMore MLB NewsMore Sports NewsAs the 2023 season nears, the road back to respectability is underway. There will be bumps, potholes, even some potential wrong turns. But one feels that the worst is behind this team and organization in this latest cycle an...

Irving tries to finish tumultuous season on a high in Dallas

Irving tries to finish tumultuous season on a high in Dallas PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Kyrie Irving — he says now — wanted to finish out this season in Brooklyn. He has five games left instead to potentially finish this season out of the playoffs with Dallas.And the enigmatic guard suddenly has more questions — none having to do with Earth’s shape — about his basketball future as he prepares to become a free agent in the summer.As for the current state of the team?“It kind of looks like a little bit of a cluster (expletive),” Irving said.The Mavericks’ 116-108 loss in Philadelphia on Wednesday night dropped them to 8-14 since Irving was acquired in February and has a franchise that reached the Western Conference finals last season on the brink of missing the playoffs this season.Dallas is 37-40 and in 11th place in the West. The NBA play-in tournament includes teams with the seventh through 10th-highest winning percentages in each conference. “It’s been a scramble since I’ve been here,” Irving said.Irving was expected ...

Tennis umpire handed lifetime ban for manipulating scoring

Tennis umpire handed lifetime ban for manipulating scoring LONDON (AP) — A tennis umpire from the Dominican Republic was handed a lifetime ban from the sport on Thursday for manipulating the scoring of matches in 2019.Fabián Carrero was found to have committed 16 breaches of tennis’ anti-corruption program across eight matches in tournaments held in the Dominican Republic in November and December 2019.Carrero manipulated the match scoring in a handheld device “to facilitate guaranteed betting wins on specific points,” the International Tennis Integrity Agency said in a statement.He has been suspended since March last year while the case proceeded. He can no longer officiate or attend events organized by tennis governing bodies.___More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/hub/tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_SportsSource

Aumenta la amenaza de tormentas fuertes en Estados Unidos para este viernes

Aumenta la amenaza de tormentas fuertes en Estados Unidos para este viernes (CNN) — “Se esperan tormentas severas intensas y generalizadas este viernes por la tarde hasta la noche”, advierte el Centro de Predicción de Tormentas ya que la amenaza de tormentas severas ha aumentado con su reciente actualización.Estas tormentas se esperan en todo el valle del Mississippi y el centro-sur a partes de los valles de Tennessee y Ohio. En total, hay más de 65 millones de personas bajo amenaza de tormentas fuertes este viernes.Dos riesgos moderados de tormentas fuertes, nivel 4 de 5, están en vigor para el viernes: uno para el Medio Sur y otro para el Valle del Medio Mississippi.El sureste de Estados Unidos se prepara para una nueva ronda de fenómenos meteorológicos severos tras los tornados y tormentas del fin de semanaLa amenaza moderada para el Medio Sur incluye el oeste de Tennessee, el noreste de Arkansas, el sureste de Missouri y el noroeste de Mississippi. Memphis es la principal ciudad de esta región.Las principales amenazas en este riesgo mo...

Suspect in custody after barricade situation in Brighton

Suspect in custody after barricade situation in Brighton BRIGHTON, Colo. (KDVR) — Police issued a shelter-in-place order in Brighton on Wednesday night after they say an armed person was barricaded inside a home. The suspect was apprehended hours later.Police first tweeted about the incident at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday and about the shelter-in-place order just after 7:30 p.m.After seven hours, Brighton PD said the suspect was in custody at around 1 a.m. Thursday and that there was no longer a threat to the community. Sober seating bill killed in committee Police were responding to the 1400 block of Swan Avenue for someone who was reportedly armed and had barricaded himself inside a house, according to a tweet from the police department.The order applied to residents in the 1300 block of Bluebird Street, 1400 block of Hummingbird Circle and 1400 block of Swan Avenue, according to the Brighton Police Department.The shelter-in-place has been lifted.