Buscan a un camión Freightliner en el atropello mortal de un hombre en la I-495

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 12:23:49 GMT

Buscan a un camión Freightliner en el atropello mortal de un hombre en la I-495 La policía de Maryland está solicitando la ayuda de la comunidad para dar con un vehículo involucrado en un incidente de atropello y fuga mortal ocurrido en el área del Capital Beltway y Georgia Avenue. La víctima fue identificada como Eric Lewis, de 57 años, un trabajador que estaba removiendo árboles y ramas junto a un equipo de trabajo contratado por la Administración de Carreteras del Estado del Departamento de Transporte. Apenas estaban comenzando la jornada cuando Lewis fue arrollado. Según autoridades, Lewis se encontraba dentro de la zona de trabajo cuando fue impactado, y aunque aún no habían puesto la señal de trabajo con luces, ya habían conos en la zona.  Elena Russo, una representante de la Policía del Estado de Maryland, describió a la muerte como un hecho evitable. “Ellos tenían una zona de trabajo instalada allí. Habían señales, y estos conductores no bajaron la velocidad ni cambiaron de carril”, dijo. En Maryland, es ley moverse al otro lado de cualqu...

Sheridan closed in Broomfield for police activity

Sheridan closed in Broomfield for police activity DENVER (KDVR) — Some Broomfield residents were asked to stay in their homes Wednesday night while police officers responded to the area.Sheridan Boulevard was closed at East 10th Avenue because of the incident, according to the Broomfield Police Department. FOX31 Newsletters: Sign up to get breaking news sent to your inbox Little information was released about what was happening. Police said officers were working "to resolve an issue."FOX31 has a crew headed to the scene. Check back for updates.

Aurora police identify people in 'suspicious' van video

Aurora police identify people in 'suspicious' van video DENVER (KDVR) -- The Aurora Police Department asked the public for help regarding a suspicious incident that was caught on camera Wednesday.Aurora police said it happened around 9 a.m. near Chambers Road and Hampden Avenue. Suspect arrested, victim ID’d in deadly Gaylord Street shooting Police posted the video on X, formerly known as Twitter, showing what appears to be multiple people surrounding and eventually getting into a white van in a residential neighborhood. Police said there was no known license plate or direction of travel for the van. FOX31 Newsletters: Sign up to get breaking news sent to your inbox Police asked anyone with information about the vehicle or anyone involved to immediately call their Major Crimes Homicide Unit.Police soon said the people in the video were identified."We were quickly able to identify the parties involved in this incident and have confirmed everyone is safe. At this time, our investigators are still obtaining additional details," the depa...

Pettersen celebrates halt of water bead sales following legislative push

Pettersen celebrates halt of water bead sales following legislative push DENVER (KDVR) — U.S. Rep. Brittany Pettersen celebrated the announcement that several stores will commit to stopping the sale of water beads marketed to kids by the end of the year.The stores committed to ending sales include Amazon, Walmart, Target, Etsy and Alibaba.Pettersen, who represents Colorado's 7th Congressional District, introduced the Ban Water Beads Act in late November alongside several other lawmakers."Today’s announcement is a huge step in the right direction as several stores have joined our call and committed to remove water beads from the shelves," Pettersen said in a statement. "In some stores, this will not go into effect immediately, though, so I still urge parents to be wary when shopping for toys this holiday season." Why it’s easier to get sick during Colorado’s cold, dry winters Water beads are colorful, water-absorbing balls designed to grow in size when introduced to liquid. The beads can quickly absorb bodily fluids and swell to block intestin...

Mom group feeds Denver migrant families living on the streets

Mom group feeds Denver migrant families living on the streets DENVER (KDVR) -- A group of local moms self-named "Highland Mommies" is continuing volunteer work to help migrant families living in Denver, covering everything from clothing to food."We hear about the journey to get here and the hope for something much better, (but) then they are here with no resources," said Niya Gingerich, who is part of the group and the owner of Edgewater Inn Pizza.Gingerich said this is the third time she's made over two dozen pizzas and brought them down to the corner of 27th Avenue and Alcott Street, where many migrants are currently living on the street. "Hot food is so important," Gingerich said. "Kids love pizza, it’s universal." She said her plan is now to come down every Wednesday going forward, bringing the pizza in tow. How you can help migrants in Denver “I think it hits close to home. I saw a family at Target on the corner and I think they needed help," Gingerich said. Edgewater Inn Pizza is a small, locally-owned business, so Gingerich said they ...

Colorado lawmakers to present bill to explore racial inequities

Colorado lawmakers to present bill to explore racial inequities DENVER (KDVR) -- In less than a month, Colorado lawmakers will be back at the Capitol and working on new legislation. Some lawmakers are getting a jump on getting their legislative agendas out before they gavel in.Over the past few years, there have been plenty of calls to end systemic racism. A group of lawmakers is backing a bill they said is a crucial step in putting Colorado on the path to doing that. Polis to Biden: Reschedule marijuana before 2024 "Today marks a pivotal moment in our commitment to racial justice as we unveil plans for a groundbreaking bill," said Colorado Senate President Pro Tempore James Coleman.Members of Colorado's Legislative Black Caucus and leaders of Colorado's Black community joined forces to call on the state to investigate its past through a task force looking into how the state could have contributed to systemic racism, spurring inequities in the everyday lives of Black Coloradans."It's important that this is a collective comprehensive task ...

‘Bicycle freedom’: Members of Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward pick up bikes at Rick Case Kia as part of annual giveaway

‘Bicycle freedom’: Members of Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward pick up bikes at Rick Case Kia as part of annual giveaway A South Florida automotive giant is kicking the spirit of the season into high gear.Bicycles donated by the community were given out on Wednesday afternoon at Rick Case Kia in Sunrise as part of the annual Rick Case Bikes for Kids event.The lucky recipients were members of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward.“For 41 years, we have done this, and the community loves the program, and we love matching a bicycle up,” said Rita Case, president and CEO of Rick Case Automotive Group. “Most of these kids have never had a bicycle before. So, you know, for the adults, we give automotive freedom; for the kids, we give bicycle freedom.”The dealership will keep accepting any bikes in good condition until Dec. 20 to give to children in time for Christmas.

Email error sparks controversy surrounding ‘Electeds of Color Holiday Party’ in Boston

Email error sparks controversy surrounding ‘Electeds of Color Holiday Party’ in Boston A holiday celebration was the subject of controversy in Boston Wednesday after an invite that was supposed to only to elected leaders of color was sent instead to the entire Boston City Council. The invite came via email. Hours before the party, some were criticizing how the city handled the situation.“I do find it divisive, but what are you going to do about it,” said District 3 Councilor Frank Baker. “You don’t want me at a party, I’m not going to come to a party.”7NEWS obtained an initial email sent to all city councilors Tuesday. The email was from one of the mayor’s staffers and read “I cordially invite you and a guest to the Electeds of Color Holiday Party.”Fifteen minutes later, another email went out rescinding the invite to the white councilors, clarifying “I did send that to everyone by accident, I apologize if my email may have offended or came across as so.” “I think we’ve all been in a position at one point where an email went out and there was a mistake in th...

Lawsuit accuses Boston fertility doctor of secretly impregnating woman with his own sperm

Lawsuit accuses Boston fertility doctor of secretly impregnating woman with his own sperm A new lawsuit details alarming allegations against a Boston fertility doctor, accusing him of impregnating a woman with his own sperm. The woman, Sarah Depoian, said she didn’t find out about the alleged action until more than 40 years after it happened.Speaking on Wednesday, Depoian said she is “still struggling to process it.” Depoian is accusing Dr. Merle Berger in her lawsuit. She said she fully trusted Beger, saying “he was a medical professional.” “It’s hard to imagine not trusting your own doctor,” she said.“We never dreamt he would abuse his position of trust and perpetrate this extreme violation,” Depoian separately said.According to the lawsuit, Depoian and her husband went to see Berger at his Dedham office in 1980 for help getting pregnant. They were told they would sperm from a medical resident. But, according to the lawsuit, Berger used his own instead.Depoian, a Maine resident, gave birth to her daughter, Carolyn, in 1981. Herself speaking about th...

Fantasy Fixer: Week 15

Fantasy Fixer: Week 15 7’s Morey Hershgordon has the inside scoop on who to start and sit this week in Fantasy Fixer. Go set your lineups!