Sanderson Farms Championship Scores

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 12:47:35 GMT

Sanderson Farms Championship Scores ThursdayAt Country Club of JacksonJackson, Miss.Purse: $8.2 millionYardage: 7,461; Par: 72First RoundChesson Hadley32-32—64Henrik Norlander34-31—65Brandon Wu33-32—65Christiaan Bezuidenhout34-32—66Akshay Bhatia33-33—66Russell Knox33-33—66Luke List33-33—66Peter Malnati33-33—66Matthew NeSmith34-32—66Carl Yuan34-32—66Ludvig Aberg34-33—67Wesley Bryan35-32—67Cameron Champ33-34—67Zecheng Dou35-32—67Harrison Endycott34-33—67Ben Griffin34-33—67Lanto Griffin34-33—67Kevin Kisner33-34—67Hank Lebioda33-34—67Nicholas Lindheim35-32—67Doc Redman33-34—67Sam Ryder30-37—67Adam Svensson35-32—67Davis Thompson34-33—67Erik Van Rooyen34-33—67Jimmy Walker34-33—67Austin Cook34-34—68Doug Ghim33-35—68Cody Gribble33-35—68Nick Hardy34-34—68Charley Hoffman33-35—68Beau Hossler35-33—68Peter Kuest35-33—68Martin Laird34-34—68Troy Merritt34-34—68Trey Mullinax34-34—68C.T. Pan34-34—68Brandt Snedeker34-34—68Scott Stallings33-35—68Vince Whaley35-33—68Brett White33-35—68Dylan Wu33-35—68Tyson Alexander35-34—69Ryan Armour36-...

Billy Eppler quits as Mets general manager, three days after David Stearns was hired above him

Billy Eppler quits as Mets general manager, three days after David Stearns was hired above him NEW YORK (AP) — Billy Eppler quit as New York Mets general manager Thursday, three days after David Stearns was hired above him as the team’s first president of baseball operations.Eppler’s decision continues an overhaul that followed a fourth-place NL East finish for a team with playoff expectations and World Series aspirations. Mets owner Steve Cohen fired manager Buck Showalter on Sunday, saying Stearns deserved to bring in his own manager.“I wanted David to have a clean slate and that meant me stepping down,” Eppler said in a statement released by the team.Cohen had long talked about hiring a president of baseball operations above Eppler and had said baseball operations leadership had become too large a job for one person. Eppler attended the Monday news conference at Citi Field to introduce Stearns, who discussed working in tandem with Eppler.“Billy and I have had I think a really nice relationship going back years as competitors. Talking to each other, whether it’s...

Rams know they will have to dig deep to stop both the Eagles and the ‘tush push’

Rams know they will have to dig deep to stop both the Eagles and the ‘tush push’ INGLEWOOD, Calif. (AP) — The rest of the NFL has swiped plenty of ideas out of Sean McVay’s playbook over the past seven seasons, so the Los Angeles Rams’ head coach didn’t hesitate to take the “tush push” out of Philadelphia’s game plan this year.Trouble is, nobody can do it quite like Jalen Hurts and the unbeaten Eagles.“We tried it,” McVay said with a grimace, recalling the Rams’ attempt at the Eagles’ signature short-yardage gainer during their season opener at Seattle. “It didn’t look very good. That’s why we had to go for it on fourth-and-1. We tried it on second down. It looked nothing like Philly’s. We’ve got some other things maybe we’ll try.”The Eagles’ formidable play is just one thing for the Rams to worry about when Philadelphia visits SoFi Stadium on Sunday, when rebuilding Los Angeles has an opportunity to sneak up behind a Super Bowl contender that looks a bit more vulnerable than its record.The Eagles are 4-0 for...

Bob Melvin confirms he’ll return as manager of the Padres following their flop this season

Bob Melvin confirms he’ll return as manager of the Padres following their flop this season SAN DIEGO (AP) — Bob Melvin confirmed Thursday that he will be back as manager of the San Diego Padres, adding that he’s “looking forward to having a much better year than we had this year.”General manager A.J. Preller announced Wednesday that Melvin would be back under the final season of his contract following the most disappointing year in franchise history. But Melvin was in the process of moving his offseason home and wasn’t available for comment then.“Obviously, we had a really tough year and nobody feels good about that,” Melvin told The Associated Press by phone. “We’d certainly like to have a year more like the year before in ‘22 than in ’23 and continue to appreciate the support that I get from our owner, Peter Seidler, as well as our major league staff. We’ll be looking forward to getting back to spring training and getting at it.”The Padres went from reaching the NL Championship Series last fall to missing the playoffs this year at 82-80. Wh...

The 49ers view Brock Purdy as far more than just a system quarterback

The 49ers view Brock Purdy as far more than just a system quarterback SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Since Brock Purdy took over at quarterback for San Francisco late last season, no team in the NFL has scored more points, won more games or passed more efficiently.While plenty of credit should go to coach Kyle Shanahan’s innovative play-calling and a bevy of playmakers led by Christian McCaffrey, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel and George Kittle, the Niners reject the notion that the quarterback is just along for the ride as a creation of the system. “That’s pretty ridiculous,” coach Kyle Shanahan said. “You’ve just got to watch the tape. He plays at a high level every time he is been out there. He’s done it in a lot of different situations versus a lot of different defenses, on the road, at home, playoff games, when injured. You can’t do all that stuff, he’s been out there too long. It’s on tape.”The Niners have won all 10 regular-season games since Purdy replaced an injured Jimmy Garoppolo early in a Week 13 victory last season.They are scoring ...

Police: Student stabbed at Denver early-8 school

Police: Student stabbed at Denver early-8 school DENVER (KDVR) — A student was taken into custody Thursday after allegedly stabbing another student at a Denver school.According to the Denver Police Department, the stabbing happened at Marie L. Greenwood Early-8 in Montbello, which includes grades pre-K through eighth. No information has been released about the ages of the students involved except that they are juveniles. FOX31 Newsletters: Sign up to get breaking news sent to your inbox The school's principal sent a letter to the school community, sharing more details about what happened."Earlier today, members of my medical team called for an ambulance to come to ourschool to assist one of our students," Principal Blake Hammond said. "DPS Department of Climate and Safety and Denver Police are investigating allegations that one of our students used a sharp object to injure another student."Hammond said the student received immediate medical attention and was taken to the hospital."The injured student’s family has informed us tha...

Ghost town discovered on Colorado's Western Slope

Ghost town discovered on Colorado's Western Slope SUMMIT COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — They're called ghost towns. They're not haunted, but they're full of Western history. One such town was recently discovered by Josh Robinson, a member of the Ghost Town Club of Colorado. Hang gliding lets man fly like a bird In the 1800s, towns in Colorado were born and died as quick as a sunflower. Not too far from a ski town on the Western Slope is where Robinson found one.It was a place where people came with a dream."You found something that really hasn’t been documented. Nobody has seen it," Robinson said.Main Street, houses, a saloonSometime around 1879, carpenters, mill workers, assayers and miners called this pine-forested mountainside home. Robinson looks at a satellite photograph of the town.“So this is Main Street coming in through here, perfect row of houses. A second street up here with a saloon and a restaurant," Robinson said.First stop of the tour is the mill. Settlers came here for silver and gold."So that antique picture I have is ta...

Video shows 2 robbing Kwik Stop in Fort Lauderdale at gunpoint; subjects take off with cash, merchandise

Video shows 2 robbing Kwik Stop in Fort Lauderdale at gunpoint; subjects take off with cash, merchandise A pair of crooks stole everything from cash to scratch-off games when they robbed a Kwik Stop Food Stores location in Fort Lauderdale at gunpoint, police said.Surveillance video from the store captured a clerk as he stood next to the two men who were in the middle of robbing his store, located off Davie Boulevard.“Why are you staring, looking at me? Turn the [expletive] around,” said one of the subjects.Fort Lauderdale Police on Thursday released the surveillance video of the Sept. 27 robbery.One man seen wearing a mask walked up to the cash register, and once the employee walked up to chat with him, the demands started.“All the money out of the register,” said the subject.At first, the crook was talking almost at a whisper.“Give me all the money out of the register,” he said.Officers said the armed robbery happened at around 9:30 p.m.“You think I’m playing with you? Give me everything out of the register,” said one of the subjec...

Young local golfer chosen to golf with sports legends at invitational in California

Young local golfer chosen to golf with sports legends at invitational in California A young golfer from Somerset recently received a top honor when she was chosen to golf with some sports legends at an invitational in California. Reese Hunsinger is just nine years old. Already, though, she’s playing on courses professional golfers dream about.“I’m just really happy that I get to play the game,” Hunsinger told 7NEWS. Hunsinger was recently selected by golf performance company Foresight Sports to play at three renowned California golf courses including the world famous Pebble Beach. Excited to hit the course, Hunsinger is one of just four youth players participating in the Legends Invitational, a Navy Seal fundraising event over Veterans Day weekend. Through the event, NFL legends, other sports greats and Navy SEALS will be paired with participating golfing foursomes as a “celebrity captain” for each team. “I was hoping I could play with Tom Brady,” Hunsinger said. Along the way in her golfing journey, Hunsinger has had some help from he...

Massachusetts House lawmakers unveil bill aimed at tightening state gun laws

Massachusetts House lawmakers unveil bill aimed at tightening state gun laws BOSTON (AP) — A bill that would ban individuals from carrying a gun into a person’s home without their permission — and require key gun components be serialized and registered with the state — was unveiled by Massachusetts House lawmakers Thursday.The bill would create new laws that bar firing guns at or near homes and outlaw carrying firearms while intoxicated. It would also prohibit carrying firearms in schools, polling places and government buildings.The proposal includes an enhanced system to track firearms used in crimes to help curb the flow of illegal guns into the state. It would also modernize the existing firearm registration system while increasing the availability of firearm data for academic and policy use, lawmakers said.The bill is in part a response to a 2022 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that Americans have a right to carry firearms in public for self-defense.“While the Commonwealth annually ranks as one of the safest states in the entire country from gu...