Ask Amy: Elder man wants to shelve wife for younger model

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 13:35:46 GMT

Ask Amy: Elder man wants to shelve wife for younger model Dear Amy: I’m a 67-year-old man, married for over 40 years.I felt pressured into marrying my wife, all those years ago. We have two children, both middle-aged men.I met “Annie” online and we’ve been chatting and talking for two years now.I really like her! She is a little immature but seems very fun to be around.She’s 29 years old. She says she’s in love with me, but we’ve never met.I’m hoping to meet her next month.I’ve told her many times that I’m too old for her, but she starts to cry and doesn’t want to think about not being without me.I’ve tried various common-sense approaches, but she starts to cry.What do you think I should do?Will this be a mistake?I really want out of my marriage, but I don’t want to lose my family.Related ArticlesAsk Amy | Ask Amy: Biological connection reveals famous sibling Ask Amy | Ask Amy: Widowed man falls for former sister-in-law Ask Amy | Ask Amy:...

Which EU regions rely heavily on agriculture?

Which EU regions rely heavily on agriculture? In 2020, approximately 4.5% of the EU's total employment, an estimated 9.4 million people, worked within the agriculture, forestry, and fishing sector. The vast majority, or 4.2% of total employment, worked in agriculture. The agriculture, forestry and fishing sector continues to be a significant source of employment, particularly in eastern and southern EU countries. Looking at the NUTS 3 regional data, Romania's Vaslui (61.7%) and Neamţ (51.4%) regions reported the highest employment rates in this sector. Furthermore, 114 regions had over 16.5% of their workforce employed in agriculture, forestry, and fishing, with concentrations in Bulgaria, Greece, Poland, Portugal and Romania.Toward the lower end of the range, 137 regions in 2020 had less than 0.5% of their workforce employed in agriculture, forestry, and fishing.  In absolute numbers, the regions with the highest employment in agriculture, forestry, and fishing were predominantly located in Romania, with 8 out of the top 10 re...

Goldberg: The fracturing of the U.S. political left over Israel, Hamas

Goldberg: The fracturing of the U.S. political left over Israel, Hamas On Tuesday evening, I was drinking on the porch of my friend and neighbor Misha Shulman, the Israel-born rabbi of a progressive New York synagogue called the New Shul. All day, he’d been on the phone with congregants deeply distraught over the massacres and mass kidnappings in Israel. Of all the people he spoke to, he said, those most devastated were either people who had lost close friends or family, or young Jews “completely shattered by the response of their lefty friends in New York,” who were either justifying Hamas’ atrocities or celebrating them outright.This sense of deep betrayal is not limited to New York. Many progressive Jews have been profoundly shaken by the way some on the left are treating the terrorist mass murder of civilians as noble acts of anti-colonial resistance. These are Jews who share the left’s abhorrence of the occupation of Gaza and of the enormities inflicted on it, which are only going to get worse if and when Israel invades. But the way keyboard radic...

Horoscopes Oct. 13, 2023: Kate Walsh, make personal growth a priority

Horoscopes Oct. 13, 2023: Kate Walsh, make personal growth a priority CELEBRITIES BORN ON THIS DAY: Caleb McLaughlin, 22; Sacha Baron Cohen, 52; Kate Walsh, 56; Marie Osmond, 64.Happy Birthday: Follow your passion, speak the truth and do things your way. Refuse to get caught up in someone else’s dream when you have one to pursue. Put your energy into making a difference for yourself and finding solutions to your concerns. Don’t let anger set in when time, patience and love will help you find the answers. Make personal growth a priority. Your numbers are 5, 19, 22, 27, 30, 38, 49.ARIES (March 21-April 19): Take a breather and do what’s best for you. Ask yourself tough questions and consider what brings you joy. Take responsibility for your happiness, and pursue the skills, knowledge and experience needed to get you where you want to be. 3 starsTAURUS (April 20-May 20): Don’t let an opportunity pass you by, and don’t give up on someone or something because it takes work to turn things around. Put your energy into a positive...

Move over, PSL! These 15 local autumnal drinks are perfectly seasonal

Move over, PSL! These 15 local autumnal drinks are perfectly seasonal Certainly, there’s no need to besmirch the reputation or flavor of the ever-popular pumpkin spice latte, but there are better, more unique drinks just around the corner.For those who may be getting a little tired of the same-old-same-old baking spices that have become so ubiquitous with the season, WTOP went out to gather 15 alternative limited-time beverages that are sure to impress.With this list, you can don your most comfortable sweater and get ready for some of the most cozy beverages in the D.C. region — from a cardamom-infused negroni that is inspired by firnee, a traditional Afghan dessert, to boozy flights and sangria botas to an umami bomb of a mezcal drink that is just as delicious as it is unexpected.And just to emphasize, these drinks are indeed seasonal — so that means they are only available for a limited time. Order while you still can.The Firnee Negroni (Courtesy Lapis)“Firnee Negroni” at Lapis ($16)Adams Morgan, Washington, D.C.At the modern Afghan bistro, Lapis, t...

¿Qué es mejor para la depresión: el ejercicio o la medicación? Expertos opinan

¿Qué es mejor para la depresión: el ejercicio o la medicación? Expertos opinan (CNN) — Según una nueva investigación, correr puede ser tan eficaz como los antidepresivos para tratar la depresión o la ansiedad. Pero expertos afirman que la solución puede no ser tan sencilla para todas las personas.Dada la prevalencia de la depresión y la ansiedad y sus consecuencias sobre la salud, investigadores de Ámsterdam estudiaron la mejor manera de mitigar estos efectos, y si los antidepresivos o la intervención sobre el estilo de vida tendrían efectos diferentes sobre la salud mental, así como sobre ciertos aspectos de la salud física.La investigación es la primera “que compara los efectos de los antidepresivos con los ejercicios de carrera para la ansiedad, la depresión y la salud en general”, según un comunicado sobre un estudio presentado el 6 de octubre en la conferencia anual del Colegio Europeo de Neuropsicofarmacología. El estudio se publicó a principios de este año en la revista Journal of Affective Disorders.“Los antidepresivos suelen se...

French antiterror prosecutors take over investigation into knife attack at school

French antiterror prosecutors take over investigation into knife attack at school PARIS (AP) — French antiterror prosecutors take over investigation into knife attack at school.Source

Belgium Grand Prix to stay on F1 calendar at least until 2025

Belgium Grand Prix to stay on F1 calendar at least until 2025 BRUSSELS (AP) — The Belgian Grand Prix at the iconic Spa-Francorchamps track will remain on the Formula 1 calendar until 2025 following a one-year extension.It’s one of the seven circuits from the inaugural world championship in 1950. The 7-kilometer (4.3-mile) circuit nestled in the Ardennes forest is also F1′s longest and has hosted 56 Grands Prix. “Spa is synonymous with Formula 1 having been one of the circuits in our first ever season and is much-loved by fans and drivers alike, so I am delighted to extend our relationship with them until 2025,” Stefano Domenicali, president and CEO of Formula 1, said Friday.Concerns have occasionally been raised about the track’s safety record. Dutch teenager Dilano Van ’t Hoff died after a crash at Spa-Francorchamps in a rain-hit Formula Regional European Championship race in July. The circuit is where French driver Anthoine Hubert was killed following a multi-car crash during a Formula Two race at the Belgium GP in 2019.This year’s Belgian G...

French police say a man killed a teacher and wounded 2 other people at a high school in the northern city of Arras

French police say a man killed a teacher and wounded 2 other people at a high school in the northern city of Arras PARIS (AP) — French police say a man killed a teacher and wounded 2 other people at a high school in the northern city of Arras.Source

South Africa surprise with Reinach at 9 to face France star Dupont in Rugby World Cup quarters

South Africa surprise with Reinach at 9 to face France star Dupont in Rugby World Cup quarters PARIS (AP) — South Africa surprised by choosing Cobus Reinach at scrumhalf ahead of regular Faf de Klerk in the Rugby World Cup quarterfinal against France, pitting him against the repaired Antoine Dupont.Dupont has recovered from a broken right cheekbone just over three weeks ago to be selected on Friday, four days after being allowed to resume full contact training. Reinach will partner Manie Libbok, who retained his place as first-choice flyhalf for the defending champion Springboks despite 2019 World Cup winner Handre Pollard’s call-up to the squad.Pollard, de Klerk and Willie le Roux are the three backs on the bench as South Africa went with a traditional 5-3 split in the reserves.Reinach has scored four tries at the tournament but his job on Sunday may largely revolve around keeping Dupont in check.Dupont sustained the facial fracture against Namibia and the French have their tactical genius back. He is the only change to the side which crushed Italy 60-7 last week and r...