GGFT: Regular bus service delayed until 8 a.m.

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:28:04 GMT

GGFT: Regular bus service delayed until 8 a.m. GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) -- According to Scott Sopczyk, the Transportation Director of the Greater Glens Falls Transit (GGFT), the regular start of regular bus service has been delayed from 6:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Tuesday due to the severe winter snowstorm. According to Communications Director Tim Drawbridge, the streets in the City of Glens Falls are in good shape, but the roads outside of city limits aren't. Get all of the latest news, weather, sports, and entertainment delivered right to your inbox! GGFT will continue to monitor the trends of the roads and snow and will reaccess the starting time at 8 a.m.

Ask Amy: In-home caregiver may care too much

Ask Amy: In-home caregiver may care too much Dear Amy: My husband and I have a special-needs teenage son. After more than a year on a wait list, we finally have an in-home therapist.“Darla” comes three mornings a week to wake him up and help him to get dressed and ready for school.This gives me rare and much-needed breaks.My husband, who works from home, lets Darla into our home. I usually stay in my room and either sleep in or just enjoy the quiet until it is time for me to take my son to school.Darla doesn’t see all that I do when she isn’t there.I’ve picked up hints that she thinks I’m lazy and that my poor husband is put upon. (He doesn’t feel that way).She also seems to have a crush on my husband and finds excuses to chat with him. It drives him crazy, because he’s trying to work.I sent Darla a text asking her not to disturb him unless absolutely necessary.She didn’t respond to the text, but she did stop interrupting him as much.Recently, after I let her in one morning, she told m...

Strategic Compass: Rapid deployment capacity to protect EU citizens, interests and values 

Strategic Compass: Rapid deployment capacity to protect EU citizens, interests and values  The Foreign Affairs Committee adopted last week a series of proposals on the new European Rapid Deployment Capability, to be deployed in the event of a crisis.In a draft resolution adopted by the Committee on Foreign Affairs by 43 votes in favour, 2 against and 0 abstentions, MEPs support the proposal of establishing the EU Rapid Deployment Capacity (EU RDC). This would equip the EU with the capacity and structures to act effectively, respond rapidly and decisively to prevent and manage crises to serve and protect the European Union’s citizens, interests, principles and values across the world.The RDC should be designed to reflect the new geopolitical context and reach full operational capability by 2025 at the latest, MEPs add.MEPs propose the EU Rapid Deployment Capacity missions to cover rescue and evacuation operations, entry and the initial phase of stabilisation operations as well as temporary reinforcement of other missions. The RDC could also be used as a reserve force to se...

Presale Codes for TLC and Shaggy Hot Summer Nights Tour

Presale Codes for TLC and Shaggy Hot Summer Nights Tour Don’t go chasing boring concerts, just stick to the female groups and crooners that you’re used to. Sorry, that was corny, but the idea of TLC and Shaggy in concert has us not thinking straight. That’s right, 90’s phenoms TLC and Shaggy are teaming up for a tour dubbed “Hot Summer Nights,” that will feature special guests En Vogue and Sean Kingston. The tour will launch on June 1 in Pelham, AL and wrap in Calgary, AB on July 14, and makes a stop here in Southern California on July 8 at the FivePoint Amphitheatre in Irvine — see below for all dates. Passwords and presale codes for the TLC and Shaggy Hot Summer Nights Tour tickets are as follows:Presale codes for TLC and Shaggy Hot Summer Nights TourPresale tickets for TLC and Shaggy Hot Summer Nights Tour go on sale today, March 14 and we’ve been told the following presale codes and passwords may work. Details are subject to change, and vary by event date:Citi card presale code or password: 412800 ...

Piedmont border home

Piedmont border home This light-filled home on the Piedmont border comes with a separate one-bedroom in-law apartment. Enjoy three bedrooms and a spacious office/bonus room in the single-level house upstairs.Admire the canyon and hill views from this home’s decks. The open floor plan features abundant windows and sunshine, remodeled kitchen with quartz countertops, formal dining room, and living room with fireplace. French doors from the kitchen open to extensive south-facing decks that take advantage of the spectacular canyon and hill views. There is a large, flat yard and additional terraces for gardening. This expansive property features outdoor living at its best.There is a large basement with ample storage and workshop area. Laundry room with locked access for both house and in-laws. Tandem parking for up to three cars, including a covered carport. All systems are in excellent condition. The downstairs apartment is non-conforming, and the full square footage of the property is not on record wi...

Detached house in San Jose sells for $1.7 million

Detached house in San Jose sells for $1.7 million 6666 Pomander Place – Google Street ViewA 2,240-square-foot house built in 1969 has changed hands. The spacious property located in the 6600 block of Pomander Place in San Jose was sold on Feb. 17, 2023. The $1,705,000 purchase price works out to $761 per square foot. The property features four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a garage, and two parking spaces. The unit sits on a 10,672-square-foot lot.These nearby houses have also recently been sold:In September 2022, a 2,240-square-foot home on Bitterroot Place in San Jose sold for $1,930,000, a price per square foot of $862. The home has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.On Bubblingwell Place, San Jose, in December 2022, a 1,882-square-foot home was sold for $1,530,000, a price per square foot of $813. The home has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.A 2,080-square-foot home on the 6800 block of Trinidad Drive in San Jose sold in September 2022 for $1,827,000, a price per square foot of $878. The home has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. 

Opinion: More toxic derailments will happen if we don’t rein in plastics

Opinion: More toxic derailments will happen if we don’t rein in plastics Images of dead fish floating in murky water and menacing plumes of gray smoke are haunting the nation’s front pages. Interviews with distressed residents are interspersed with exasperated talking heads on our television screens. More than month after the train derailment disaster in East Palestine, Ohio, America continues to bear witness to the community’s suffering.Though any fiery train wreck is hazardous, this one was particularly catastrophic given the chemicals onboard. Chief among them was cancer-causing vinyl chloride gas, which officials intentionally released into the surrounding air to avoid an explosion. Residents were evacuated during this operation, but long-term pollution and exposure concerns remain.For East Palestine, the story is just beginning, and the following chapters are likely to be grim. We know because the same chemical contaminated — and eventually destroyed — several towns in Louisiana decades ago.Morrisonville, La., was founded after the Civil War by free...

Word Game: March 14, 2023

Word Game: March 14, 2023 TODAY’S WORD — UNICORNS (UNICORNS: YOO-nih-korns: Mythical horselike beasts with a single horn.)Average mark 19 wordsTime limit 30 minutesCan you find 24 or more words in UNICORNS? The list will be published tomorrow.YESTERDAY’S WORD — RAVAGED rage ravage rave read adage agar aged area aver gave gear grad grade grave dare dear dragTo purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last!RULES OF THE GAME:1. Words must be of four or more letters.2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed.3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example, if “bake” is used, “baked” or “bakes” are not allowed, but “bake” and “baking” are admissible.4. Proper nouns, slang words, or vulgar or sexually explicit words are not allowed.Contact Word Game creator Kathleen Saxe at [email protected].

Horoscopes March 14, 2023: Billy Crystal, trust your intuition

Horoscopes March 14, 2023: Billy Crystal, trust your intuition CELEBRITIES BORN ON THIS DAY: Betsy Brandt, 50; Megan Follows, 55; Billy Crystal, 75; Quincy Jones, 90.Betsy Brandt (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images) Happy Birthday: Slow down, seize the moment, enjoy what life offers and do whatever it takes to not waste your energy on trivial matters and emotional arguments. Trust your intuition and promote your creative ideas. Expand your mind and make personal and spiritual growth your journey. Protect your home, family and reputation from anyone who makes you look bad or bullies you. Your numbers are 3, 16, 20, 27, 31, 39, 46.ARIES (March 21-April 19): Stick to the truth, question anything that sounds fictitious and verify information before passing it along. You’ll have plenty of opportunities, but not all will have long-lasting effects. Don’t overload your to-do list; pick what makes you happy and proceed. 5 starsTAURUS (April 20-May 20): Say no to joint ventures, lending or borrowing, or paying for someone else̵...

Bridge: March 14, 2023

Bridge: March 14, 2023 It amuses my friend the English professor when quotes are misattributed. For example, “There’s nothing new under the sun” sounds Shakespearean; it’s from Ecclesiastes.Today’s declarer put all his eggs in one basket. (What’s the source of that saying?) At 3NT, he led a heart to dummy’s king at Trick Two and passed the jack of clubs. When West won to continue spades, South was sunk. He had only eight tricks, and when East took the ace of diamonds, the defense ran the spades.LEAKYSouth had only one basket, and it was leaky. He must lead a diamond from dummy at Trick Three. When East’s ace appears, South has four diamonds, two spades, two hearts and one club.If East played a low diamond and South’s queen won, South could shift to clubs for nine tricks. And if West had the ace of diamonds, South would succeed if dummy’s king dropped the jack or the club finesse won.“It is the part of a wise man to not venture all his eggs ...