Daily horoscope for October 13, 2023

Published Thu, 28 Mar 2024 16:01:12 GMT

Daily horoscope for October 13, 2023 Moon Alert: There are no restrictions to shopping or important decisions today. The Moon is in Libra.Happy Birthday for Friday, Oct. 13, 2023:You are determined, hardworking and serious about your ambitions. You have an excellent sense of humor. This year is your turn to socialize and have fun! Explore your creative talents. Nurture the happiness and beauty within yourself. Let your guard down and loosen up a bit!ARIES(March 21-April 19) ★★★You will hold your own and toe the line in discussions about inheritances, shared property, debt, mortgages or dealing with banks. You know what you want to achieve; you know your limits; you know your strengths. You are on point! Tonight: Listen.TAURUS(April 20-May 20) ★★★If you meet with opposition today with partners, spouses or close friends, you’ll be in control, calm and steady about how to handle this situation. Patience will be the key, and you have patience, that’s for sure. You might make little headway, but you won’t ...

Time spent on work-related communication: An EU overview

Time spent on work-related communication: An EU overview Data by economic activity (NACE Rev. 2) at the EU level show that around 55% or slightly more people employed in the ‘financial and insurance activities’, ‘education’, and ‘accommodation and food service activities’ spend at least half their working time interacting with others. On the other hand, over 40% of people employed in ‘mining and quarrying’, ‘activities of households as employers’, and ‘agriculture, forestry and fishing’ declared that they spent little or none of their working time on social interactions.This information comes from the data release based on the 2022 EU-LFS module on job skills published by Eurostat. This article presents a handful of findings from the more detailed Statistics Explained article on employment statistics – focus on communication skills.Communication can be internal, within the business or organisation, involving colleagues or managers, and external, to outside customers, suppliers, patients, or pupils. In the EU, 33.6% of employed people aged...

Miss Manners: One guest ignored my buffet and raided the refrigerator

Miss Manners: One guest ignored my buffet and raided the refrigerator DEAR MISS MANNERS: As someone whose goal is to provide a great experience for guests in her home, I make sure I set up, on tables and buffets, items that I’m offering for guests to eat and drink.Related ArticlesAdvice | Miss Manners: What should I do when my co-workers glare at me? Advice | Miss Manners: What’s a polite way of saying ‘you weren’t our first pick’? Advice | Miss Manners: A virtual stranger hijacked our lunch date. What could we have done? Advice | Miss Manners: I wasn’t going to let a runty lobster ruin my carefully planned dinner Advice | Miss Manners: What could I have said to this blithe line-jumper? I always have a ton of food left over after get-togethers, as I never want to run out.We have a family member who comes over two or three times per year. He constantly opens our fridge, surveys the contents and then helps himself to other snacks and drink...

Dear Abby: I took in her cat and it was a big mistake. How do I get out of this?

Dear Abby: I took in her cat and it was a big mistake. How do I get out of this? DEAR ABBY: My mother-in-law, “Irma,” is a peach — she’s the sweetest person in the world. She will do anything for anyone to lend a helping hand.Related ArticlesAdvice | Dear Abby: Am I overreacting to my dinner guest’s unseemly request? Advice | Dear Abby: I suspect this girl is not really my fiance’s niece. Should I demand the truth? Advice | Dear Abby: I’m afraid she’ll get us kicked out of the restaurant. Any advice? Advice | Dear Abby: All these years later, I freak out when I hear her name Advice | Dear Abby: My wife now ‘doesn’t remember’ our crucial conversation Two weeks ago, she fell and broke her femur, which resulted in a significant hospital stay and needed rehabilitation.My wife and I have been taking care of her house and managing all her other daily tasks while she recovers, but one of these has become an issue.Irma has an ...

Hamas says Israel’s heavy bombardment of the Gaza Strip has killed 13 hostages, including foreigners, held by the group

Hamas says Israel’s heavy bombardment of the Gaza Strip has killed 13 hostages, including foreigners, held by the group GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Hamas says Israel’s heavy bombardment of the Gaza Strip has killed 13 hostages, including foreigners, held by the group.Source

MLB playoffs 2023: Phillies knock out Braves again to reach NLCS vs Diamondbacks

MLB playoffs 2023: Phillies knock out Braves again to reach NLCS vs Diamondbacks Four teams left fighting for that World Series trophy. Now everybody can take a break for a couple of days before the playoffs resume Sunday night.Nick Castellanos became the first player to hit multiple homers in consecutive postseason games, and the Philadelphia Phillies eliminated the Atlanta Braves for the second straight year with a 3-1 victory Thursday night in Game 4 of their NL Division Series.Trea Turner singled twice, doubled and hit a solo homer in the fifth inning for a 2-1 lead as the defending NL champions make another run at their first World Series title since 2008.They advance to an all-wild card NL Championship Series and will play the Arizona Diamondbacks, making their first trip since 2007 after a surprising sweep of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Game 1 is Monday night in Philadelphia.“We feel good, there’s no question about it,” Castellanos said.The best-of-seven ALCS starts first, when Houston hosts rival Texas on Sunday night in a Lone Star State showdown. Three-ti...

Former Miami commissioner to face corruption charges in arraignment

Former Miami commissioner to face corruption charges in arraignment Former City of Miami Commissioner Alejandro “Alex” Diaz de la Portilla is set to be arraigned Friday on corruption charges, including money laundering and bribery. The case centers on allegations that he accepted thousands of dollars in campaign payments for his brother’s campaign and failed to report them, as required by law.Diaz de la Portilla was arrested and suspended by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis last month, marking a significant development in this ongoing legal battle. The arraignment is expected to shed more light on the charges brought against the former commissioner.

Serbia’s president calls snap elections for December 17

Serbia’s president calls snap elections for December 17 Serbia’s President Aleksandar Vučić on Friday announced he was calling for snap parliamentary elections on December 17, which will be the third time voters in the country head to the polls in three and a half years.Vučić, whose ruling Progressive Party (SNS) is the dominant force in the parliament, has been facing mounting pressure from the opposition after two deadly mass shootings in the spring sparked public outrage and triggered massive protests. “We heard all their demands,” Vučić told public broadcaster RTS, alluding to a letter sent by the opposition on September 11 requesting a snap vote. “They asked for Belgrade and parliamentary elections and they got them,” the president said, adding there would also be regional elections in Vojvodina, an autonomous province in northern Serbia.“Serbia is at a turning point — we need a half-time so citizens can say what kind of policy they want,” Vučić said.Serbia, which has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the world, was...

The Orioles say they’ll be back, and for the first time in decades, they have good reason to believe it

The Orioles say they’ll be back, and for the first time in decades, they have good reason to believe it We’ll be back.It’s the refrain every ballclub turns to in the moments after a season ends in abrupt, crushing disappointment.The Orioles followed the script Tuesday night. In the wake of a 7-1 postseason bludgeoning at the hands of the Texas Rangers, they clung to the fact they had shocked the baseball world with 101 regular-season wins. More importantly, they said, the best is yet come.Not since the franchise’s 1970s and 1980s heyday has an Orioles team won big in the present and had sound reason to believe it would win bigger in the future. The 2023 Orioles are not just spitting in the wind when they talk of next year, saying what they’re supposed to say as they process the close of a joyous run.Their top two position players, catcher Adley Rutschman and infielder Gunnar Henderson, are 25 and 22, respectively. They have two young pitchers, Kyle Bradish and Grayson Rodriguez, whom manager Brandon Hyde believes could join the sport’s rarefied club ...

5-foot-9 Batista quite the big catch for Peabody

5-foot-9 Batista quite the big catch for Peabody PEABODY — Peabody senior Eli Batista says his favorite NFL player to watch is New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley. And much like the former Penn State star, Batista can do it all on the football field.And it’s those talents that has helped a once dormant Peabody football team turn into one of the state’s best in recent years as winners of 21 of their last 22 games under coach Mark Bettencourt.For as good and talented as Batista is, if you ask Bettencourt, he’s quick to say the senior probably hasn’t gotten all the recognition due to him thanks in large part to how talented Peabody was last season.“It was all about Shea (Lynch), Danny (Barrett) and all those guys last season so Eli was kind of underrated,” Bettencourt said. “But what Eli has is a lot of self confidence without cockiness. He’s very humble and very coachable.”Though he stands only 5-9 and weighs just 160 pounds, Batista plays and performs much bigger, especially when the competition is at its fiercest.“He just ...